Mary Jane SCHMALZ
- Born: September 27, 1933, Pittsburgh, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, USA 2
- Marriage (1): Benjamin L. SMITHSON Jr.
- Marriage (2): James MACKNIGHT on April 19, 1963 in Mexico 1
- Died: April 26, 2002, Torrance, Los Angeles, California, USA at age 68 3 4
- Buried: May 1, 2002, Santa Ana, California - Fairhaven Memorial Park
Another name for Mary was Mary Jane SMALL.
In addition to her children, Mary had three great grandchildren.
Bianca M. Smithson b: 1989
Donald Urita III b: 1992
Noted Events In her Life:
- Residence: 8322 Bancroft, 1941, Cleveland, Ohio.
Herman & Marion purchased the home in 1941 and lived there with their children, Robert, Mary and Gordon until they moved to Tucson, Arizona in 1947. Their phone number was MI6922. As was the custom in those days, the first two digits of a phone number were alphabetical and the MI in this case stood for "Michigan".
- Residence: 2919 N. Cherry Ave, 1947, Tucson, Arizona.
Herman & Marion purchased this home in 1947 and lived there with their children, Robert, Mary, Gordon, Carol and Richard. They sold the house in the late 1960s and purchased another house in Tucson on Princeton Pl. The phone number on Cherry Avenue was 61651 when they moved in in 1947. When the phone company needed more numbers they went from the 5 digit number to a seven digit number and the new number was EA61651. As was the custom in those days, the first two digits of a phone number were alphabetical and the MA in this case stood for "Main".
- Name Change: The Herman SCHMALZ family name was changed from SCHMALZ to SMALL, March 12, 1948, Pima County, Arizona. View Image
- Cemetery: Fairhaven Memorial Park: Santa Ana, California.
Mary married Benjamin L. SMITHSON Jr., son of Benjamin SMITHSON and Vienna LEPISTO. (Benjamin L. SMITHSON Jr. was born in 1929 in Alpha, Michigan.)
Mary next married James MACKNIGHT on April 19, 1963 in Mexico.1 (James MACKNIGHT was born on March 1, 1930.)